[gdal-dev] Unable to open KMZ datasource using libkml

Johannes Paul johannespaul92 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 05:32:06 PDT 2024

Hello,
using GDAL 3.8.3 compiled with libkml, I'm unable to read a specific KMZ
file, using ogrinfo (error "unable to open datasource ...")
However if I extract the .kml index file for the kmz archive, GDAL can
provide ogrinfo on this .kml index file.
I noticed from the LIBKML driver documentation that GDAL will default to
look for a *doc.kml* index file which is not the case here, so I tried to
rename my index file and I also tried to use
*--config LIBKML_USE_DOC.KML=NO* without success.
Any idea to get GDAL to read the kmz file without unarchiving the kml index
?
Thanks
Johannes