[gdal-dev] HDF5 and geolocation arrays

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Apr 29 14:37:45 PDT 2024

> This HDF5 (requires earthdata credentials your "Authorization: Bearer <token>" in GDAL_HTTP_HEADERS, or equiv) presents without geolocation arrays.

gdalinfo "/vsicurl/https://n5eil01u.ecs.nsidc.org/AMSA/AU_SI12.001/2012.07.02/AMSR_U2_L3_SeaIce12km_B04_20120702.he5" -sd 26

Excuse for this little derail, but how do we do that? I mean, the credentials. I tried with both:

gdalinfo --config GDAL_HTTP_HEADERS=login:passw "/vsicurl/https://n5eil01u.ecs.nsidc.org/…

and

gdalinfo  "/vsicurl/https://login:passwd@n5eil01u.ecs.nsidc.org…

but both errored with