[gdal-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: GeoTiff JXL sample format & bits per sample restrictions?

Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] jesse.r.meyer at nasa.gov
Fri Feb 9 06:38:45 PST 2024

We can work with the Uint16 case.  These dtype limitations should be listed on the gtiff docs presumably.

From: thomas bonfort <thomas.bonfort at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, February 9, 2024 at 9:37 AM
To: "Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC]" <jesse.r.meyer at nasa.gov>
Cc: "gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org" <gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [gdal-dev] GeoTiff JXL sample format & bits per sample restrictions?

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of NASA.  Please take care when clicking links or opening attachments.  Use the "Report Message" button to report suspicious messages to the NASA SOC.

JXL in tiff should support the 2 band case correctly. What is not supported here is the int16 datatype. Only uint8, uint16 and float32 are supported.

TB