[gdal-dev] Assert due to stack corruption in FlatGeoBuf export

Ray at Daylon rayg at daylongraphics.com
Tue Feb 27 00:48:33 PST 2024

This may already be known, but the use of std::string in CPLString
can also cause problems e.g. building a program with a version of
a C++ stdlib that differs from the one that a prebuilt GDAL DLL
used. Visual Studio e.g. has afaik a 48-byte std::string in MSVC 2010
vs. 40 bytes in MSVC 2022. It's obvious in hindsight, but it's easy
to get lulled into using an old DLL for a long time not realizing
it too must be recompiled.

Ray