[gdal-dev] Antwort: Antwort: Re: Segmentation fault (core dumped) in gdal_translate & ogrinfo & ogr2ogr

Robert Coup robert.coup at koordinates.com
Wed Feb 28 03:56:42 PST 2024

Hi,

On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 at 09:51, Michael Otto <michael.otto at data-experts.de>
wrote:

> Under all distributions there were problems with the certificates when
> using ogrinfo.
>
> ERROR 1: error setting certificate file: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
> ERROR 1: Error returned by server : error setting certificate file:
> /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt (77)
>
> It looks like gdal is looking for the certificates in a place that does
> not exist on these systems.
> Is this possibly because I built GDAL under Linux Mint (Ubuntu) and now
> want to run it on a "completely different" system?

Yes. Portability isn't just code. :-)

It's Curl (and OpenSSL), not GDAL. Curl has a set of build-time options,
and also some runtime options ($CURL_CA_BUNDLE) wrt locating the CA
certificate bundle.

You could ship your own CA certificate bundle and set CURL_CA_BUNDLE like
you set the GDAL_DATA path, or set it per-system, or compile curl to look
in a particular place by default.

Rob :)