[gdal-dev] COG via HTTP POST

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Tue Jan 2 04:14:09 PST 2024

Hi

Does it make any sense to provide COG via HTTP POST method?
If I understand correctly, the "magic" of downloading only what is needed
from the server is done with HTTP Range requests. But I am not sure if that
works in POST method (it does work in GET method, when enabled ;).
In case it could work with POST, I do not know how to tell GDAL or QGIS to
use a POST method.

Why am I asking this? the CNIG (Natial Center of Geographic Information in
Spain) is doing it.
https://centrodedescargas.cnig.es/CentroDescargas/index.jsp The link is
just the starting point. Unfortunately they do not provide link to the
final page where you can download the files (yes, ugly).

So for now I have to download the full file, and do whatever I want later.

Thanks
Javier