[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.8.3 RC2 is available, and motion to approve it (Re: GDAL 3.8.3 RC1 is available, and motion to approve it)

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jan 3 12:46:08 PST 2024

Hi,

I've issued a 2nd release candidate for 3.8.3 with the following
additional fixes:
- ogr2ogr: do not use ArrowArray interface if -clipsrc, -clipdst, -gcp
or wrapdateline are specified (#9013)
- GPKG driver: disable by default multi-threaded ArrowArray interface.
Make it opt-in with the OGR_GPKG_NUM_THREADS config option (cf
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/9018)
- fix build with sqlite 3.36.x (#9021)

Pick up an archive among the following ones (by ascending size):

   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.8.3/gdal-3.8.3rc2.tar.xz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.8.3/gdal-3.8.3rc2.tar.gz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.8.3/gdal383rc2.zip

A snapshot of the gdalautotest suite is also available:

https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.8.3/gdalautotest-3.8.3rc2.tar.gz
   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.8.3/gdalautotest-3.8.3rc2.zip

The NEWS file is here:

    https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/v3.8.3RC2/NEWS.md

~~~~

Retracting previous motion to approve RC1, and replacing it with:

Motion: adopt 3.8.3 RC2 as final 3.8.3 release

Starting with my +1,

~~~~~

Even