[gdal-dev] Best way to add Oracle Spatial (OCI) support in Debian 12?

Cosme Benito ml at patify.dev
Fri Jan 5 10:23:13 PST 2024

Hi everyone,

I have installed gdal through the debian repositories using the "sudo apt-get install -y gdal-bin gdal-data gdal-plugins" and everything is working great out of the box.

I have been having a hard time adding support for Oracle Spatial (OCI). In windows this was very easy, installing the GDAL oracle plugin and the instant client was enough. I can't seem to find the oracle plugin available in Linux.

Search engines seem to suggest that compiling from source is the way to go but I was wondering if there is a more "plugin" approach.

Thank you,
Cosme Benito