[gdal-dev] Where to fins my own files

Abel Pau a.pau at creaf.uab.cat
Tue Jan 9 05:06:30 PST 2024

Hi Even,

sure, as you need. We are used to the DBF format; our structure comprises one file for the geographic component, another for metadata, and a DBF for non-geographic attribute data. We have the capability to edit it using a dedicated editor. However, I acknowledge that it might be more beneficial for everyone not to use this format for a file that may require editing if necessary. Given that our objective is to integrate the Vector MiraMon driver (we are finalizing details and more details), we are open to making this change.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

By the way, we not only have the vector format I mentioned but also a raster format.

We are in the final stages of developing the vector driver, and afterward, we will start work on the raster driver. I believe the optimal approach is to submit the vector driver first. This way, we can learn from any potential mistakes in the vector part and apply the necessary corrections directly to the raster part. What are your thoughts?

Best regards,
Abel