[gdal-dev] How to use geokey CoordinateEpochGeoKey in Geotiff from Python

Glen Rice - NOAA Federal glen.rice at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 17 11:20:41 PST 2024

Hello,

We are trying to create geotiffs from Python and specify an epoch for a
dynamic CRS.  Is there a way to do this from python or a command line
utility?

We see the pull request adding CoordinateEpochGeoKey (5120) and expect I
could print the information from gdalinfo if I had an example file.  If we
were in C/C++ then we could use libgeotiff and GTIFKeyGet( ).  However we
are in Python and we don't see how to write either
the CoordinateEpochGeoKey, or even a generic geokey, into a geotiff.

For reference we looked at the following links:
https://gdal.org/user/coordinate_epoch.html
https://github.com/opengeospatial/geotiff/issues/78
https://github.com/opengeospatial/geotiff/pull/99
https://github.com/OSGeo/libgeotiff/blob/master/libgeotiff/geokeys.inc