[gdal-dev] Non able to manage properly vitual file, warping and black edges

andy aborruso at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 23:56:40 PST 2024

Hi Even
first of all, thank you very much.
I was tired yesterday. I realize this, because this morning I created a new
script starting from scratch and everything seems to be working.
Yesterday I was probably looking at the wrong output folder (I am stupid as
well as tired).

It this way it works:

gdalbuildvrt -addalpha mosaic.vrt mylist

gdalwarp -dstalpha -of vrt -overwrite -s_srs EPSG:32632 -t_srs
EPSG:7791 mosaic.vrt warp.vrt

gdal_translate -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -b 4 -co BIGTIFF=YES -co COMPRESS=JPEG -co
PHOTOMETRIC=RGB -co ALPHA=YES -co JPEG_QUALITY=75 -co TILED=YES -co
NUM_THREADS=ALL_CPUS warp.vrt output.tif

But I need another piece of advice.
Using alpha transparency, with the 4 bands, I cannot use PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR,
and I used PHOTOMETRIC=RGB.
This way the compression is a little less effective.

Is there anything comparable, in terms of compression effectiveness, when
using alpha transparency and JPEG compression?
Should I change the type of compression?

Thank you,

Andrea

--

Andrea Borruso
website: https://medium.com/tantotanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E, EPSG:4326

"cercare e saper riconoscere chi e cosa,
 in mezzo all’inferno, non è inferno,
e farlo durare, e dargli spazio"

Italo Calvino