[gdal-dev] Bad values when reading GCPs from a VRT file with gdalinfo in GDAL 3.8.3

Pierluigi Guasqui guasqui at actgate.com
Thu Jan 25 03:34:27 PST 2024

Dear GDAL team,

I am using GDAL version 3.8.3 and I am trying to extract GCPs values with
gdalinfo tool from a VRT file (attached).

As you can see by looking at the VRT file with a text editor GCP XYZ values
are infinite values. When I read GCPs from the attached VRT file with
gdalinfo (latest version GDAL v. 3.8.3) I am getting all zeros:

GCP[  0]: Id=0, Info=
          (0,0) -> (0,0,0)

Instead, if I use gdalinfo (GDAL v. 3.6.3) I am getting the correct values:

GCP[  0]: Id=0, Info=
          (0,0) -> (inf,inf,-inf)

Is this a bug with GDAL 3.8.3?

Thank you for your help!

--
Pierluigi Guasqui
Software Engineer

Applied Coherent Technology Corporation (ACT)
www.actgate.com