[gdal-dev] Bad values when reading GCPs from a VRT file with gdalinfo in GDAL 3.8.3

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Jan 25 04:24:54 PST 2024

Hi,

I guessed so. Is that your own invention or is it documented somewhere that undefined GCPs should be marked that way by using INF? I ask because if it is something that should be reliable then I may have use for that feature in the future.

Problem may be limited to vrt. This test seems to pass

gdal_translate -gcp 0 0 inf inf test.tif inftest.tif

gdalinfo inftest.tif
…
GCP[  0]: Id=1, Info=
          (0,0) -> (inf,inf,0)