[gdal-dev] Testing the driver

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Mar 6 04:36:07 PST 2024

Le 06/03/2024 à 13:14, Abel Pau a écrit :

> Hi Even,
>
> I finally discovered the error. It was the fixture. In the wrong place.
>
> Now I’m creating the test.
>
> I hope finish it soon.
>
> On the other hand,
>
> in my actions tab: Merge branch 'OSGeo:master' into master ·
> AbelPau/gdal at 0249b6d (github.com)
> <https://github.com/AbelPau/gdal/actions/runs/8169099745/job/22332488002>
>
> There are some tiff failures, but nothing on my hand about tiff.
>
> ================================== FAILURES
> ===================================
>
> 36: _____________________________ test_tiff_write_133
> _____________________________
>
> 36:
>
> 36: def test_tiff_write_133():
>
> Do you know what it can be?

There are sometimes random failures, but here it fails on both the
build-windows-msys2-mingw and build-windows-conda configs . I would
suspect this might be a side effect of a previous run of the Miramon
driver by another test with an invalid filename such as /foo/bar.
Actually I see that test_ogrsf tries to create a /foo/test file.

And
https://github.com/AbelPau/gdal/blob/master/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/miramon/ogrmiramondatasource.cpp#L219
does a VSIMkdirRecursive(), so it must create a "/foo" directory. I
would recommend against using VSIMkdirRecursive() in a driver. You might
use VSIMkdir() to create the latest level of directory, but creating the
whole hiearchy is granting too much power to a driver.

Even