[gdal-dev] Open a string (json) as STACIT in python

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Mar 11 11:34:17 PDT 2024

Mike,

Yes, the STACIT driver requires either a filename or STACIT:filename,
and doesn't support passing the content of the file in the connection string

An easy workaround is to do:

gdal.FileFromMemBuffer("/vsimem/temp_stacit.json", stac_string)
myds=gdal.OpenEx("/vsimem/temp_stacit.json")
gdal.Unlink("/vsimem/temp_stacit.json")

Even