[gdal-dev] Enhanced GeoParquet bounding-box based spatial filtering in master

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Mar 20 11:33:03 PDT 2024

Hi,

FYI, for those interested in GeoParquet,
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/9185 has now been merged into master.
This is only effective on files generated with the updated driver that
adds a bounding box column, and maximum efficiency is reached when
sorting the features with the SORT_BY_BBOX=YES layer creation option.
The bbox column is only used currently when opening a single GeoParquet
file (i.e. not using the "dataset" type of opening where you point to a
hierarchy of parquet files). See the pull request for more details.

Even