[gdal-dev] [External] : Re: Python binding installation on windows

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Mar 20 15:46:22 PDT 2024

Le 20/03/2024 à 23:11, Fengting Chen a écrit :

> After upgrading setuptools, the installation on windows worked. Just
> curious that why “GDAL-3.8.4-py3.6.egg-info” is created under the
> site-packages on windows, while I set up the PYTHON_ROOT to use python
> 3.12 and clean up the build directory to rebuild everything.
>
> On the other hand, on linux, when using python 3.12 for the build, the
> installation gave a lot of warnings like
> “/scratch/gdal/gdal-3.8.4/dist/lib/python3.12/site-packages/osgeo/ogr.py:5954:
> SyntaxWarning: invalid escape sequence '\*'” . It seems that this is
> the new warning from python 3.12. But I don’t see this warning in the
> windows build, which made me suspect if I was really building on
> windows using python 3.12.

Which SWIG version do you use? And can you paste line 5954 (and a few
ones before and after) of your ogr.py ?

I can't reproduce locally any warning with SWIG 4.1.1 and python 3.12.0
on my Linux. And on our CI with Fedora Rawhide and Python 3.12.2 and
SWIG 4.2.1, there is no warning either:

cf https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/actions/runs/8365025972/job/22901857183