support material for open and free geodata presentation?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Apr 24 12:00:06 EDT 2006

dear geodata list,

This conversation drifted over from publicgeodata.org ...

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 04:56:19PM +0200, Daniel wrote:
> >re. your presentation at the "2006 Geo-evenement." - is there anything we
> >can link to? is there anything we can help with? This sounds like
> >something that OSGeo would be interested in talking up as well,
> >especially with the connection to the PGL (dave sampson of OGUG has
> >also been in touch, though we've not talked much yet.)
> >
> These presentation is upon Free geodata license: I aim to present
> Openstretmap, upct, and such sites, on one hand, and on the other hand
> to present the PGL license and partners, and OSGEO initiative upon geodata.
>
> Any help, materials, ideas, website url, or contribution will be greetly
> appreciated and quoted.

https://geodata.osgeo.org/ is right now little more than a pointer to
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Public_Geospatial_Data_Project , and
that's really an early overview/braindump doc. It does contain a
decent pile of links to free and open geodata efforts nearby. It's
early days for this activity within OSGeo - we don't have a logo yet! -
so there's no polished web material, (though there's been talk of
nice imagery, etc and there's enough on the wiki to refactor into a few
interesting pages.)

Members of this group maybe would have something more specific to
contribute to your talk material, Daniel...

good luck!

jo