IRC Meeting this Thursday - 1500UTC

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Aug 8 08:23:23 EDT 2006

dear all,

I suggest we have another of these gripping, semi-regular IRC meetings
about geodata this Thursday on irc.freenode.net#osgeo at the regular time,
1500UTC / 1100EST / 0800PST

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Geodata_Committee_Eighth_Meeting
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Getting_Started#Jump_on_IRC

I would love to be able to have a realtime chat about simple catalog
interfaces and pragmatic metadata distribution, find out how
implementations are going and gather some feedback.

I am also picking up signals of renewed/ongoing interest in imagery
tiling syndication/mirroring. I regret that i don't grasp the issues
here fully... this might be too much to cover in one session, though?

Retrieved from
"http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Geodata_Committee_Eighth_Meeting"

    *  Discussion of Simple Catalog Interface idea that has been
    *  circulating on the mailing list
          o How are implementations going?
          o What kind of prior art (UDig,etc?)
	    should really be taken into account
          o Possibility of BOF/session at FOSS4G

    * Update and comments on the status of the Geodata Repository

    * Please add what's on your mind

cheers,

jo