USGS DRGs being held to ransom!

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sun Aug 27 18:17:18 EDT 2006

dear geodata posse,

I had not run across this project before - http://libre.redjar.org/maps/
- an effort to collect and freely redistribute 1:24K USGS DRGs. Now
the maintainer is becoming desperate: [[ I am holding every 1:24,000
scale DRG topographic map hostage ]] - http://ransom.redjar.org

Once the dataset escapes captivity, it could be a great candidate to
stick behind a WMS on the repository at telascience.

Commentary and/or related art would be gratefully received, i think.

cheers,

jo
----- Forwarded message from Jared <jared at redjar.org> -----