[OSGeodata] FOIA and VMAP1 anyone?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sat Jul 8 00:08:59 EDT 2006

dear Tyler,
On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 08:40:09PM -0700, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Is there no way that we could work with these agencies and build
> bridges instead of litigation?
>
> This early on, I suggest that it would be a mistake to take on such a
> political/legal approach via OSGeo.

You speak what sounds like truth to me; to stay neutral is of benefit.

I should write to NGA about VMap0 licensing terms and constraints on
derived works anyway (lacking a personal contact, if no better
recommendations just going to try the policy-query address at
http://www.nima.mil/portal/site/nga01/index.jsp?epi-content=CONTACT )
and if I get into a good conversational loop with them, I'll ask for
any updated word on VMap1 status that can be rebroadcast...)

cheers,

jo