[OSGeodata] FOIA and VMAP1 anyone?

Ned Horning nedh at lightlink.com
Mon Jul 10 09:14:18 EDT 2006

Jo,

I forgot to ask about the VMAP0 copyright issue. What exactly is the
question? The license agreement is in the readme file. If there are
questions about what can be done with these data isn't it an issue of
interpretation of the license? Wouldn't a lawyer be a better place to start?
I'm just not sure if we would get a more accurate reply from the NGA. If we
wanted to go to the source wouldn't ESRI be a better place to start?

I'm no expert on these maters so maybe I'm missing the point?

In any case I agree that contacting the NGA on behalf of OSGeo is a good
idea.

Ned

CD

http://69.17.46.181/manifold/manuals/5_userman/mfd50Public_Access_to_Public_