Ready for a lean and mean Catalogue Service Protocol Spec.?

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Thu Jul 20 15:06:59 EDT 2006

In the absence of a simple implementation, we developed a JSP front end
harvester (OGC:WMS 1.1.1, OGC:WFS 1.0.0) and registry, and then
publishes via OGC:WFS.  A sample instance of the JSP front end is at:

http://devgeo.cciw.ca/owscat/

..the rest is out-of-the-box parts (PostGIS for spatial storage,
MapServer for OGC:WFS [and OGC:WMS, it's kind of neat to be able to
OGC:WMS the bbox'es of services/layers as part of a discovery]).

This has been deployed, with success, for Canada's ResEau water portal
(http://www.environmentandresources.ca/reseau/), as well as well as some
activities within UNEP (http://www.gemswater.org/).

Still, it's a workaround until a solid OGC:Cat2.0 implementation comes
around.

..Tom