Fw: Data Access

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Mar 28 18:45:14 EST 2006

dear all,

I had an interesting email from Gary Geller at JPL, which he said it
would be fine to forward here; it is below.

He talks of a couple of interesting things, one is a
pan-organisational open access effort to do with "biodiversity" data,
http://www.conservationcommons.org/

The other is this: [[ a NASA activity underway (http://asterweb.jpl.nasa.gov/paa) to make georeferenced jpg images available at no cost for certain
satellite-based sensors and datasets. ]]

John Graham already is working with some ASTER data at UCSD, and I
think this would be a good thing to mirror and provide interfaces to
in OSGeo's public geodata repository.

jo

----- Forwarded message from "Gary Geller (NASA/JPL)" <gary.n.geller at jpl.nasa.gov> -----