chat/wiki session, 11EDT / 1600UTC tomorrow

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed May 10 16:52:59 EDT 2006

dear all,

There's no "business" scheduled for the Geodata Committee, and
sometimes it can be hard to define what 'business' is, but I'd
like to suggest a chat session for tomorrow at the regular time,
11EDT / 1600UTC.

I'd like to use this as an excuse to have a little binge of wiki
gnoming, and catch up on some of the ideas that were being floated
around at the beginning of this Committee's activities; what's
possible to move forward on, and what OSGeo could be providing
that isn't a part of interested parties' existing work and efforts.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Geodata_Committee_Chat_20060511
If there are topics for discussion that you would particularly like to
raise, please add them to this page.

I've been looking at the text of the PGL a bit today, and sent their
list a very slight rewrite of the English version corrected for idiom:
http://cemml.carleton.ca/pipermail/pgl-canada/2006-May/000007.html

It would be great to be able to offer help in getting a stable
candidate license out into the world. I also notice that Harlan
Onsrud's group at U.Maine have been working on a prototype for
web-based metadata management -
http://geodatacommons.umaine.edu/cgddemo/index.php
Although as yet one can't do more than register and pick a license,
I'm curious as to how this is going to develop. ("rate data" caught
my eye; collaborative assessment of data accuracy / currency?)

cheers,

jo