[OSGeodata] Posal codes of Germany

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Nov 30 12:19:32 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

Chris Holmes wrote:

> I can finish it up relatively soon, but this week is pretty busy.

> You're also welcome to just use my wms directly.
[...]
> But yeah, I'll try to get the dumps up on flightgear, and you could
> hopefully do the loading into postgis?

I don't want to get you into hurry, so feel free to proceed creating
the dumps whenever you like. I'll be able to fetch them from 'geodata'.

'flightgear' actually is an alias for 'zuluviz.sdsu.edu' where John
Graham arranged an empty database and a Mapserver at my disposal.
My primary goal which induced me to create the collection in this
database is to form a single, global set of "landcover" layers as a
foundation for the scenery of the Flightgear flight simulator, but
certainly the contents of the DB is free for other use as well.

Currently the FlightGear scenery is made only from VMap0, but the plan
is to replace the data with VMap1 at the places where it is available.
Last but not least, I want to merge the available line data from TIGER
within the boundaries of the US. So I'm curious to know how other
people's conversion of TIGER data looks like and if it matches what I
might call my "needs"  ;-)

Regards,
	Martin.