Long time since no IRC meeting

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Oct 17 17:44:28 EDT 2006

dear Geodata committee,

I really must apologise for my relatively complete silence and absence
and for the lack of committee-chair-like aspects of my behaviour.
I have been largely nomadic and computerless since the last Committee
meeting over two months ago - the shame! it burns

I started compiling an agenda for another IRC meeting, ideally in the next
couple of Thursdays. It would be good to have a complete recap of the
status of the geodata repository project - the new multi-terabyte
storage at telascience and the growing data resources there - etc

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Geodata_Committee_Ninth_Meeting

Please feel very free to add topics or concerns to this. I understand
there has maybe been a heavy emphasis on metadata and licensing
related issues recently - this is in part due to my biases and as such
reprehensible - i would like to see a broader picture.

(I would be interested in any reportback from that Information Commons
for Science event - i have not heard anything - did any OSGeo members
end up attending?)

cheers, and reiterated apols,

jo