[OSGeodata] Geodata and Telescience stuff

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 8 21:26:23 EDT 2006

On 9/8/06, Sampson, David <dsampson at nrcan.gc.ca> wrote:
> Do we have someone watching limits? If I hit a certain size should I
> stop?

Dave,

The machine should only be used by the geodata crew, so
I think you will just need to police disk use withing the group.

> Anything that I should know off the bat? Or shall we continue and learn
> as we go?

There is about 10GB free now I believe.  I'd suggest
periodically keeping an eye on the disk free (df) command
to make sure the disk isn't over 99%.

When we get serious quantities of data we will likely need
to politely approach John Graham to see if there is some
sort of mombo disk space NFS appliance thing we can
host alot of it on.

Best regards,