UNOSAT - Satellite Imagery for All

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Sep 25 19:43:34 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Some time ago I found UNOSAT project and today I reminded it as
potential candidate of data provider in our Public Geo Data campaign.

I believe it fits frames of OSGeo and Geodata very well:

"UNOSAT is a United Nations programme created to provide the
international community and developing countries with enhanced access to
satellite imagery and Geographic Information System (GIS) services."

Here is the website:

http://unosat.web.cern.ch/unosat/

Free maps:

http://unosat.web.cern.ch/unosat/asp/prod_free.asp

BTW, I'm not sure if this project is founded/lead by CERN in Geneve,
but it's hosted in CERN place (see Contact link).

I have a friend working in CERN and he told me there are some GIS
projects founded by CERN, so may be CERN could be one of institutional
partners collaborating with OSGeo / Geodata projects.

What do you think?

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot