[Geodata] GeoData Alliance?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sun Aug 19 13:33:20 EDT 2007

dear Frank, thanks for the pointer.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 02:57:07PM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Their current projects include GeoDRM (not likely something we are
> interested in) and what they call the "Open Data Consortium Project" which
> sounds up our alley though it seems SDI focused.
>
>   http://www.geoall.net/what_we_do.html

To me this looks like an interesting social network which, if still
active, OSGeo members could usefully be a part of.

But a lot of the content on the site looks a bit stale; their last
newsletter was published in 2002 and most of the pages are timestamped
2004-10. I see the FGDC are listed as founder members. Are there FGDC
connections here that could be sounded out as to, e.g. if this
Alliance was approached with a project or a distribution system spec,
they would be interested in supporting it...?

jo