[Geodata] next irc/voice meeting before FOSS4G?

Kevin Ward kevin at kevinandliz.com
Tue Aug 21 09:55:19 EDT 2007

Hi Jo,

I've been a lurker on osgeo for a while with the grand hopes of
someday being able to contribute more, as time permits, as usual...

Anyway, I noticed in your agenda:

> * Distributing post-processed MODIS data - what are peoples
>   requirements and interests?

I don't know exactly what you have in mind or what prompted this
topic, but one of my projects is something that might fill this need.
It is called NEO -- NASA Earth Observations
http://neo.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/ -- and it is a repository for data-based
imagery from NASA Earth science datasets. Not only is there a
browser-based interface but I have also developed WMS and KML access
to the datasets.

Most of what I have so far is MODIS-based (that is where my primary
funding originated) and I
have 10 years of MODIS experience (since it was in engineering
testing/a bunch of blueprints) and would be willing to lend any
expertise I have to the effort, if you could fill me in a bit more.

Cheers,

Kevin

--
Kevin Ward