[Geodata] Fw: Re: [foaf-dev] FOAF, geonames, and more

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Feb 2 03:01:01 EST 2007

dear all, it was really good to voice chat yesterday!

My interest was tweaked enough by this mail below to re-send it; the
RDF community picking back up on geospatial, internationalisation,
and here is a nice long response from the person who runs geonames.org
about interconnecting local gazetteers, progressively detaching from
the GNIS data for named places... something that we've not considered
for the data repository, but should be useful for building services.

----- Forwarded message from Marc <marc at geonames.org> -----