[Geodata] MapGuide/FDO - conversion of IFF

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 10 17:01:05 EST 2007

Pawlik, Olaf wrote:
> Dear friends of geodata-list,
>
> In our office, we run an older graphics system, GIS, called geoGPG on AIX 4.3 OS and an IBM RISC 6000 machine.
> The data output is in IFF (interface format file). It is planned to transfer this data ressource to an Autodesk enviroment / AutoCAD.
> I recognised that there is generally a way to emigrate datas via  MapGuide + FDO,
> but I don´t know if it works with IFF. If there is a option to convert IFF into a
> metafile or directly into DXF/DWG, let me know.

Olaf,

I believe this mailing list is mainly aimed at promoting freely available
geodata, and various efforts around that.

Nevertheless, I am not aware of any free software supporting IFF format.
Hopefully you have some mechanism to export it in more widely used format
like shape?  If not you may need to look at a package like FME (proprietary)
to accomplish the task.

MapGuide can published from several RDBMS system, and supports the SDF,
and Shape file formats via custom providers.  There is also an OGR
provider so it can publish anything that OGR (www.gdal.org/ogr) can support
but that does not include IFF.

Mapguide and FDO questions may be best addressed on the users lists for the
MapGuide and FDO projects.

Best regards,