[Geodata] Fwd: FOSS4G Presentation Confirmation Required

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Jul 23 12:45:12 EDT 2007

dear all,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 04:42:44PM +0200, Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Schuyler Erle wrote:
> >Hi, folks. I took the liberty of submitting a discussion panel session
Cheers for thinking of this, Schuyler! I would definitely rather
listen to others' fresh voices on this subject, than add my own :)

> I am currently investigating how to apply the principle of cause (the
> polluter pays) to geodata. THe initial ideas are still in German but they
> will magically translate into English before September:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Finanzierung_von_Geodaten_durch_Verursacherprinzip
Argh, my German is still not really good enough to follow this.
Babelfish does a nice magical translation: http://tinyurl.com/2zwuqe

"Since in the policy the necessary know-how is missing and no
political opinion the public hand is to have, is here the OS geo
demanded, a valuable contribution by clearing-up to make." Quite!

> If you think that this might be interesting you can have me participate.

I think it would be great to have people from different data regimes -
Canada, EU, any of the freemap.in crowd who will be attending...

cheers!

jo