[Geodata] ebRIM storyboard

Norman Barker nbarker at ittvis.com
Tue Mar 20 23:58:33 EDT 2007

Hi,

in an effort to explain how an ebRIM catalog can 'work for us', I have story boarded the main use case of searching a catalog from a user perspective here;

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/EbRIM

This wiki page is a bit graphic heavy (apologies), I thought story boarding was more appropriate than lots of verbage.

The discover use case is nearly identical to the search use.

Of most interest to me is the potential for processing services to register processing metadata with the catalog, find input and register outputs!!  I will add more to this wiki discussion when I get it working.

The full detail of setting up Omar and registering ICEDS (thanks Jeremy Morley) and FrankW's (thanks Frank for the link) MapServer SRTM service are available here

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Community/ogc

It might be noted that the current registry is quite light on metadata, to me that is the beauty - I register as much metadata as I have!!

Comments appreciated,

Many thanks,

Norman