[Geodata] Re: [georss] Spatio-temporal query extension

Stefan F. Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:51:34 EDT 2007

Just found a paper related to metadata, harvesting and RSS: 'Marketing' with
Metadata - How Metadata Can Increase Exposure and Visibility of Online
Content' dated March 2006. It's basic but interesting, like this one:

"Broadly speaking there are three different ways in which standardised
exposure of *metadata* can be achieved.

   1. Exposing *Metadata* via Harvesting.
   2. Exposing *Metadata* via Distributed Searching.
   3. Exposing Content for Syndication.

The original site
http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/perx/advocacy/exposingmetadata.htm currently seems
broken but there are caches and summaries around like
http://www.jisc.ac.uk/news/stories/2006/03/perx_marketing.aspx.

-- Stefan