[Geodata] Landcover-DB Shapefile Download

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sun Oct 7 19:10:11 EDT 2007

Hi Stefan,

"Stefan Keller" wrote:

> After studying geo metadata interoperability and discovery quite some time I
> came to a similar conclusion like our fellows of digital library science,
> namely that we have (1) an interoperability and (2) a
> chicken-and-egg-problem: There will be no single 'geometadata Google web
> app' nor on a 'one-size-fits-all' standard. It's probably even not
> desirable.

Certainly not. BUT  :-)  in my opinion at least the OSGeo-affiliated
efforts on providing geodata collections should agree on only one
primary location to post such 'metadata'.

Well, in the given case it's not so much about 'metadata' but instead
on where to list the results of different efforts. See, I suspect that
everyone involved here doesn't have too much spare time to waste, so it
would be a 'nice' act at least to keep the Geodata Committee fellows up
to date by maintaining a single list in order to avoid duplicate work
....  this certainly does not only apply to the maintenance of geodata
collections ....

Regards,
	Martin.
P.S.: As a side effect people could easily point 'newcomers' as well as
      the 'clientele' to this very list.