[Geodata] Re: request to OSGEO geodata for contributing Philippine datasets

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 04:14:39 EST 2008

Hi,

Following up my request on setting-up a geodata server for the Philippines.

I am now doing the rectification of medium-scale Philippine
topographic maps (1:250,000).  The Mindanao island will soon be
finished.  These are public domain maps and a bit dated (1940-50s).
However, as far as I know, no free online topographic maps are
available for the Philippines.

These data I hope will be part of an online repository for free
geodata for the Philippines.

I'm thinking of putting it to openaerialmap but topomaps seems
inappropriate for OAM.

I have requested possible server access to telascience and I was
directed to coordinate with OSGEO's geodata committee.  Is my proposal
to request server access to telascience possible?  I'm thinking of
maybe the same concept as OAM for Philippine datasets.

cheers,

Maning Sambale

--
| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |