[Geodata] Australian Census Data?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 19:27:45 EDT 2008

Nathan,
As far as I'm aware, there is no free Australian map data in the
quality you are looking for.

You might want to look at getting data from the Open Street Map
project which might be complete enough for your needs. (It is still
patchy).

Others on the Aust-NZ list might be able to suggest an alternative.

Alternatively, you might want to look at buying access to the data as
a Web Map Service or similar from a company like
http://terrapages.com.au (Apology for commercial plug - Terrapages is
LISAsoft's sister company. I can put you in touch with a sales rep if
interested).