[Geodata] TIGER data as pg database?

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Tue Jun 24 10:59:38 EDT 2008

Hey Mike,

* Mike Pumphrey (mike at opengeo.org) wrote:
> Does anyone have the new TIGER data in a pg database instead of as
> shapefiles?  We'd be willing to host a zipped pg dump, too, if anyone is
> interested in having us do so.

I can provide it as a pg dump, if you'd like.  I've written scripts that
make loading it (or just piece of it) pretty simple from the data
provided by the Census.  Just not sure if it'd be much better in a PG
database format or not, maybe by state it wouldn't be too bad.  I do
have a setup where the county data is aggregated up to the state level,
and then views on top of those schemas, so at least a minimal amount of
processing has been done (though not everyone would want it, I'm
guessing).

Anyhow, let me know if you'd like it, I can provide it pretty easily.

	Thanks,

		Stephen