[Geodata] GSHHS 1.6 Shapefiles

Emilio Mayorga emiliomayorga at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 11:06:26 EDT 2008

Birgit,

I like this version (based on GSHHS 1.3) for global-scale work:
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/a.turner/data/
Under "Data Offerings", get a copy of the document describing the
processing steps to create a global dataset:
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/a.turner/publications/archive/NelsonTurner2004b.pdf
and the derived shape files are also there:
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/a.turner/data/gshhs1.3_dd.zip

I've used this derived dataset extensively.

Cheers,

-Emilio Mayorga
Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences
71 Dudley Rd.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8521, USA