[Geodata] 'geothumper' NFS mount down?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Sat Mar 29 10:06:24 EDT 2008

John,

The 'geothumper' mountpoint seems to have stopped serving NFS
approximately one hour ago. Hypercube's apache locked up as a result of
this. I've restarted the machine to clear out stale data trying to use
this mountpoint, but unfortunately, it is the host for the Openaerialmap
and OpenStreetMap databases, which means that both of those sites are
now down until the mount point comes back up.

I've confirmed that I can ping the machine in question, but that NFS
serving is not working: Trying to mount the zpool1 drive simply hangs:
eventually it comes back with:

mount: 67.58.32.10:/zpool1: can't read superblock

(Hopefully this is a spurious error and not a sign of a physical problem
with the disks...)

The machine appears to be up and pinging, and I've confirmed that
hypersphere can not reach the mountpoint either.

Please advise how I should proceed.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt