[Geodata] Re: [Aust-NZ] NZ geodata on OSGEO?

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Thu May 1 05:46:24 EDT 2008

Hi all,

As the instigator of this thread, can I ask for a decision from the OSGEO data
committee on whether the LINZ licence, under which the original data is
released, is suitable for data to be held & on-supplied by OSGEO?

If the licence is acceptable, we can then discuss how best to proceed getting
these data onto the server, & building the databases/web site required to make
them available.

If the licence (as it stands) is not acceptable, can I have some idea of what
wording will be required?

The LINZ licence can be found (if anyone doesn't yet know :-) at:
http://www.linz.govt.nz/docs/topography/topographicdata/topodtabase/licence-agreement-1.pdf

This permits largely unencumbered redistribuition, and the copy we will be
getting, will be from a third party, who (I amm assured) will provide an open
licence, with only the LINZ original copywrite & liability disclaimer passed
on.

Thanks,

  Brent