[Geodata] Re: [Aust-NZ] NZ geodata on OSGEO?

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Mon May 5 16:59:19 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 09:15:18AM +0100, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> >will have suggestions on the best way to move forward technically.
>
> Host it on the already-existing OpenAerialMap and OpenTopoMap?

This has been niggling at my mind a bit. One reason is that both these
projects and the mirror facility that would be an "OSGeo download"
are *all hosted in the same place*, at Telascience; however you slice
the index, the bits on the disk are all the same.

Telascience is an amazing resource that really does keep on growing
the more demand we have been able to create. However, this stuff wants
to be syndicated. I wonder what other (likely academic) organisations
who already have serious storage infrastructure could offer it freely
on other continents.

jo