[Geodata] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] defining a Geospatial Integration Showcase to be launched at FOSS4G 2009

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Mon Oct 27 13:11:16 EDT 2008

dear all,

> At FOSS4G 2007 the only 'panel discussion' was at as part of
> the closing plenary, so would this type of issue indicate that
> consideration is warranted for some form of "moderated panel
> discussion + audience question & answer session" as part of
> the main conference program?

Dave, I like the idea of a scheduled panel discussion on the lines of
"How We Open Licensed Our Formerly Proprietary Data And You Can Too".
Hopefully Cameron and crew can help find speakers from a couple of
.au and .nz public agencies, and if possible a commercial service provider.

Chris, thanks for the vote of confidence in the Guide and I will try
to incorporate some of your recent summary comments into it.

cheers,

jo