[Geodata] dclite4g for geospatial metadata - new namespace and schema

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:34:15 EDT 2008

jo,

This is great news.  I have been looking for such a metadata schema
that is simple and informative enough for our organization.  FGDC
seems to be too complex for our purpose.

A wishlist would be a simple metadata generator that can be integrated
to existing OSGEO software, in our case we use QGIS and GRASS.    At
the same, time it can parse through the existing data for example,
read the QGIS *.qgs file to populate some of the metadata properties.
ogrinfo and gdalinfo can also provide info on this.

There is a metadata reader/editor added as a plugin in MapWindow
http://www.mapwindow.org/

Are there any efforts to do the same for some existing osgeo software.
 GeoNetwork comes to mind but our purpose is to just generate simple
metadata within our organization for the mean time.

cheers,
maning