[Geodata] Request to host the "greek" CORINE land cover map at OSGeo

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Mon Jan 26 14:36:24 EST 2009

Hi Nikos,

Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> I kindly request your attention concerning a dataset I would like to
> upload on a server relevant with public geodata.

Admittedly I'd like to leave the legal stuff to someone who has better
expertise on this topic ....  If it's just about _storing_ the data in
whichever form, I think we have multiple opportunities to offer.

Nevertheless I'd be very careful about this clause:

> Rights:
>         EEA grants free access to all its data/applications provided
>         that the user agrees:
[...]
>         ?? not to use the data/applications for commercial purposes
>         unless the Agency has expressly granted the right to do so

So, _if_ OSGeo would provide public hosting for such a dataset, I guess
they would be liable to ensure that users are going to obey the given
rules ....  and I don't have the slightest clue how this would have to
be accomplished.

Cheers,
	Martin.