[Geodata] about OSGeo geodata catalog

David William Bitner david.bitner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 23:47:11 EDT 2009

Jorge,

Martin knows the "lay of the land" if he is willing to help you out on the
Telascience machines.  If you have any folks willing to spend some time
helping get things going, I would encourage you to have them work with
Martin.  Perhaps it would be worthwhile to have an IRC meeting sometime soon
to go over things. Again, I would ask that you make sure that there are
enough folks willing to spend some time on this that it does not just become
another false start.  This will not go anywhere unless there is enough
momentum and folks willing to spend the time to build *and* maintain it.

Please make sure to touch base with the OSGeo SAC and plan to update this
group as the catalog progresses.

David