[Geodata] Fwd: Project to create an inventory of NZ spatial data

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 02:48:00 EDT 2009

fyi.   --Hamish

From	John Forne <jforne at linz.govt nz>
To	nzopengis at googlegroups com
cc	Adam Cooper <acooper at linz.govt nz>, Isabella Cawthorn <Isabella.Cawthorn at morst.govt nz>
Date	Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM
Subject	Project to create an inventory of NZ spatial data

Hi All

The Geospatial Office and Ministry of Research Science and Technology are developing an inventory of spatial information about NZ. And we would appreciate your help.

In particular, we're currently working out how to design/build the inventory so that it provides a user-friendly way for people throughout NZ (central/local government agencies, industry, academia, community, etc.) to expose all the valuable spatial information that exists. We want people holding spatial information to be able to easily and willingly describe the information you hold.

To this end, we would really appreciate it if people holding data, such as yourself, would email us a description of their data. So could you please send me any metadata you've already got about the data you hold? For example, information such as the title of dataset, a description, who to contact for further information/to get hold of the data, currency of the data, etc.

Having examples of how people describe their data (metadata) will help us design the user-interface where people describe the data they hold.

Any further comments/questions please contact Isabella Cawthorn, CCd, as Isabella's the project lead.

Many thanks!
John

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt nz ) and destroy the original message.
LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ.

Thank you.