[Geodata] Historical Boundaries Dataset

Keith Jenkins kgj2 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 4 11:15:23 EST 2009

Christian,

If you do end up digitizing from paper maps, please know that
the world would be very appreciative of having free open access
to the results!  So take that an encouragement to share your
work...  (assuming rights, etc. aren't an obstacle)

I get people looking for this sort of historical data all the time,
and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much out there,
especially anytime before the last couple decades.  However,
there are a few exceptions.  I think this wikipedia article lists
most of the ones I know about:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_GIS

Cheers,
Keith